Leading Cloud Email and Collaboration Security Company Counts 60% of Protected End-users Coming from Enterprise Customers with 5,000 Seats or Above
New York, New York, June 17, 2021 – Avanan, the leader in cloud email and collaboration security, announced today the company’s impressive growth of 260 percent net new customer growth year-over-year, bringing the total customer count to over 4,000. Enterprises account for over 60 percent of Avanan’s global customer base, as the company continues to innovate ahead of the cloud email security market.
Due to Avanan’s best-in-breed approach to security for email, file-sharing, and collaboration apps, the company attributes its growth to the extensive adoption of cloud email and collaboration tools triggered by COVID-19 and the remote workforce.
“Organizations around the world recognized the need to prevent phishing attacks from exploiting employees through email and the need to protect the recently adopted collaboration technologies like Teams, Slack and others,” says Avanan Chief Executive Officer Gil Friedrich. “Securing email via API has become very much the mainstream and being able to protect inline gives Avanan a unique advantage among API vendors. We’re seeing organizations of all sizes preferring our solution over the legacy email gateways.”
- Ranked as 10th-fastest-growing company in the Americas by The Financial Times, and the fastest-growing cybersecurity company
- #1 in Gartner Peer Insights (4.9/5)
- #1 in G2 Cloud Email Security (97% satisfaction)
- Rated as Best-in-Class Email Security Vendor by Aite Group
- Selected #171 as recognized by the Deloitte Fast 150, with 676% growth, making Avanan the fastest growing email security vendor in the market
- Named as one of the Hot 150 Cybersecurity Companies
- Named to the Top 200 Fastest-Growing Startups List
- Named to Inc. 5000 Regionals List of Fastest Growing Companies
- Named as One of 10 Hot Email Security Companies to Watch in 2021
- Rated as one of the Top Security Companies using AWS by Business Insider
- Given a 5-Star Rating in the 2021 CRN Partner Program Guide
- Named to Expert Insights Best-Of Phishing Protection List
- Named a Finalist for the Top 25 Information Security Vendor in the OnCon Icon Awards
- Named to Top 20 Enterprise Security Solution Providers by Enterprisetechsuccess
Within the last year, Avanan introduced a number of offerings to execute on its product vision of securing every line of communication. Avanan added powerful security for Microsoft Teams and Slack, becoming one of the first companies to protect against Malware and DLP within these platforms. Avanan introduced Incident Response-as-a-Service, which allows our team of highly-trained experts to review end-user requests to release emails from quarantine and take proper remediation action. Additionally, Avanan introduced the first-ever consumption-based licensing for email security, specifically designed for businesses affected by COVID.
Avanan has about 80% of its over 4000 customers in North America. With a proven model of success in North America, Avanan has begun its expansion internationally. “We’ve been very successful selling our product in the U.S.,” says Don Byrne, Chief Revenue Officer, Avanan. “Now, we’re going global. We’re actively expanding internationally into Europe and the Asia Pacific, in conjunction with local resources and partners.”
Because of its patented, inline security approach, Avanan was also the first to uncover many, novel Office 365 attacks, including:
- A campaign spoofing the selling the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
- A new Microsoft Teams attack form
- A sustained attack on Microsoft SafeLinks
- The work of the Advanced Persistent Threat group SPAM-EGY
- Attacks leveraging .slk files to bypass Microsoft 365
- A novel attack utilizing Microsoft Sway
Added Friedrich: “Avanan has reinvented what email security means for cloud email customers - AI and API, and the growth we’ve seen in the past 12 months demonstrates that this new approach has become the new mainstream for email security.”
Avanan catches the advanced attacks that evade default and advanced security tools. Its invisible, multi-layer security enables full-suite protection for cloud collaboration solutions such as Office 365™, G-Suite™, workplace communication tools such as Microsoft Teams™ and Slack™ and file sharing solutions such as Box™, Citrix ShareFile™, Dropbox™. The platform deploys in one click via API to prevent Business Email Compromise and block phishing, malware, data leakage, account takeover, and shadow IT across the enterprise. Avanan replaces the need for multiple tools to secure the entire cloud collaboration suite, with a patented solution that goes far beyond any other Cloud Email Security Supplement. Avanan is ranked #1 in Gartner Peer Insights for email security, #1 in G2’s Cloud Email Security and Deloitte 500: Avanan is the Fastest Growing Email Security Company.