Settings - User Management
MSP Portal Settings allows to administer the portal configuration.
The user management allows MSPs to control their MSP Portal users. It is possible to add, remove and edit users according to needs. Top-Level MSP can also manage Child MSP users.
All users are portal administrators, and gain access to the managed tenants. Each user can be configured to log in with password or with SAML (if available).
Creating a New User
To create a new user:
- Go to Settings screen, available from the side menu.
- In the User Management section, click Create User.
- In the opened dialog, specify the following attributes:
- User First Name and Last Name.
- User Email to login with.
- Role - the role associated with the user in the managed tenants.
- Advanced options:
- Drill down to user data - allow admin to view emails content (on tenant portal). Viewing email content is audited.
- Authentication method - Password Login or SAML Login.
- Receive Reports - admin will receive weekly admin reports from each tenant.
- Send alerts - allow admin to resend alerts to users.
- MSP - Associate user with Child MSP (available for Top-Level MSP only).
- Click Save.
Editing an User
To edit a user, click on the Edit button in the Actions column.
In the opened dialog, and edit the available fields.
For details on different fields see user creation details above.
Delete an User
To edit a user, click on the Delete button in the Actions column.
To reset a password, click on the Password Reset button in the Actions column.
Avanan MSP Portal has the option to send these notifications:
Send notifications to all admins when a tenant is licensed by your organization: send email notification when one of the admins updated tenant license to paid.
Send notifications to all admins when a tenant is licensed by a managed organization: send email notification when tenant license is changed to paid by one of the child MSPs.