Avanan is announcing a new Security Engine for Slack. The Slack Security Engine includes Data Loss Prevention for text messages and malware protection for files.
Avanan Cloud Security for Slack
Slack is a solution for work collaboration and includes instant messaging, file sharing and other features that made a very popular service. While Slack provides some security solutions (i.e. multi-factor authentication), it lacks many other basic security features.
Avanan provides a unique security solution for Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms. Avanan scans the data, quarantines malicious content, and automatically remediates threats in every channel, direct message, and connected app.
The slack security engine scans Slack direct messaging and channels. It scan internal communication (between internal users) and private-to-public communication.
- Secure Slack communication, scanning for Malicious files and Data Leakage (DLP).
- Generate actionable events on Slack malicious content.
- Integrated solution to protect SaaS platforms, including Slack.
There are 2 default Security Policies for Slack:
- Slack DLP: scans posted text messages for potentially leaked information, such as Credit Card and SSN.
- Slack Threat Protection: scans files loaded to Slack for malicious content.
- Tombstone message/file: move a message/file to a quarantine area in Slack servers.
- Restore message/file: restore a message/file quarantined to the original location.
- Alert owner: sends an email to the owner of an affected file or message.
For more information on the Avanan support for Slack read here